Monday, December 19, 2011

I semester

.en

So, I guess it's time to go home soon. Only 2 days left, according to the countdown here and I'm ready to board that plane.
The weather here has been really bad lately. Not too cold (about 3-5°C average), but windy and cloudy. It's been I think about a months since I last saw the sun and it's seriously bothering me. I've been sleeping a lot, and despite that, I'm constantly tired, depressed, not motivated. Plus I keep seeing pictures of Verona with light blue skies, no clouds, sun, daylight, christmas markets, christmas lights,... all things that are missing in Helsinki! (Yes, even though we are in Finland, home of Santa Claus, it's the least christmasy place I've ever seen!)



On a happier note, my BFF came to visit this weekend!! She flew in from London on Thursday night and spent a few days with me, touring Helsinki, relaxing in the sauna and going to the beach. I got to see places I usually don't go to, and especially see my friend Elena, which I hadn't seen since February!

Tomorrow is Packing Day and Wednesday is Goodbye Day. Most of the people I hang out here I will see again next year, but there is one friend I will really miss: Roberta!



.it

Mi sa che è arrivata l'ora di andare a casa. Mancano solo 2 giorni, secondo il countdown qui a sinistra e io sono pronta per imbarcarmi.
Il tempo qui fa veramente schifo. Non c'è freddissimo (3-5°C di media), ma c'è un sacco di vento e nuvole nuvole nuvole! Credo sia un mese che non vedo il sole e sinceramente mi da parecchio fastidio sta cosa. Continuo a dormire, e ciononostante sono sempre stanca, depressa e demotivata. In più continuo a vedere foto di Verona con cieli azzurri, zero nuvole, luce del sole, mercatini di natale, luci di natale... tutte cose che qui mancano. (Si, siamo in Finlandia, casa di Babbo Natale, ed è il posto meno natalizio che io abbia mai visto!!)

Ma ci sono aspetti positivi! La mia migliore amica è venuta a trovarmi questo weekend!! E' arrivata da Londra giovedì notte e abbiamo trascorso alcuni giorni insieme, visitando Helsinki, rilassandoci in sauna e andando in spiaggia. Sono riuscita a vedere posti in cui di solito non vado e sopratutto ho passato del tempo con lei, Elena, che non vedevo da febbraio!



Domani si fa la valigia, e mercoledì bisogna salutare un po' di gente. Molte delle persone con cui esco qui le rivedrò anche a gennaio, ma c'è un'amica che mi mancherà davvero: Roberta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment