Friday, March 9, 2012

spring break

.en
Time for a new update!
So, lots has happened in this month or so. Giovanni came to visit me with his sister and a friend, Stefano. I literally drained all their energy out to show them as much as I could of Helsinki in 5 days. We even went to Tallinn for one day! It's really nice to have friends visit you, to see familiar faces and share with them what you've been doing for the past 6 months. Plus, I got to be a tourist again in a city that I'm feeling like home. Look at the pictures here!
The downside of having friends visit is that you realize how much you miss you're hometown. I miss the food, the smells, I miss seeing the mountains at the horizon, I miss listening to the birds signing when spring arrives, I miss the sun, the warmth of the rays on my skin.



But that's what you get when you live in two different places. It will happen with Helsinki as well, and "depression post-erasmus" has already started, even though I'll be here for two more months still. When you have to say goodbye to your closest friends, part of your erasmus experience ends there too. Sebastiano left a week or so ago and I miss our dinners together, I miss having him at my place just for a coffee and a chat that lasted hours. I know I'll see him again, we live really close to each other in Italy, but it's not the same thing. I'm used to these long distance friendships, unfortunately.

University-wise I finally started working on my thesis project. The topic concerns weather communication is influenced by vibrotactile stimuli and if so, how. I'm still at the first stages of the plan, but it should be quite fascinating, especially because what we (me, other researchers and my two professors) want to investigate has never been studied before. Anyway, to know more about what I'll be doing or what I've done you can check the Facebook page of the Lab I work for in Padova: HTLab.
You can also "like it" if you want!



That's about all for now, my plans for the weekend are quite boring: cleaning and doing laundry (I might skip the last chore and just buy new clothes! :-P).

p.s. final flight back has been booked. Less the two months are left. :-(


.it
E' ora di un aggiornamento!
Sono successe parecchie cose nell'ultimo mesetto. Giovanni è venuto a trovarmi con sua sorella e un amico, Stefano. Ho spremuto fino all'ultima goccia delle loro energie per fargli vedere il più possibile di Helsinki in 5 giorni. Siamo anche andati a Tallinn un giorno! E' davvero bello avere amici che vengono a trovarti, vedere volti familiari e condividere con loro quello che hai fatto negli ultimi 6 mesi. In più, ho fatto di nuovo la turista in una città che ormai considero casa. Guarda le foto qui!



Il lato negativo di quando vengono a trovarti amici è che ti rendi conto quanto ti manchi casa. Mi manca il cibo, mi mancano gli odori, mi manca vedere le montagne all'orizzonte, mi manca sentire gli uccelli che cantano quando arriva primavera, mi manca il sole e mi manca sentire il calore dei suoi raggi sulla pelle.

Ma tutto questo succede quando abiti in due posti diversi. Capiterà anche quando lascio Helsinki e la "depressione post-erasmus" è già iniziata, anche se sarò qui ancora per due mesi. Quando devi salutare i tuoi migliori amici, finisce anche parte del tuo erasmus.
Sebastiano è partito più di una settimana fa e mi mancano le nostre cene insieme, mi manca averlo da me per un caffè e due chiacchiere che durano ore. So che lo rivedrò, viviamo vicini in Italia, ma non sarà lo stesso. Sono abituata a queste amicizie a distanza, purtroppo.



Per quanto riguarda l'università, ho finalmente iniziato a lavorare sul mio progetto di tesi. L'argomento indaga se la comunicazione è influenzata a stimoli vibrotattili e se si, come. E' tutto ancora a uno stadio embrionale, ma dovrebbe essere un argomento molto affascinante, soprattutto perchè quello che vogliamo studiare noi (io e altri ricercatori che lavorano con me, insieme ai miei tue professori) non è stato analizzato da nessuno prima. Ad ogni modo, se volete sapere di più su ciò che faccio o ho fatto, potete controllare la pagina Facebook del laboratorio per cui lavoro a Padova: HTLab. Potete anche cliccare su "mi piace"  se volete!

Questo è tutto per ora, i miei piani per il weekend sono alquanto noiosi: pulire e fare lavatrici (anche se potrei saltare quest'ultima cosa e semplicemente comprare vestiti nuovi! :-P).

p.s. volo di ritorno definitivo prenotato. Restano meno di due mesi. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment