Monday, September 19, 2011

Hanko and Turku

.en

I guess it's time to update again. I'm wondering what should I talk about first, if I should tell you about my internship, about exchange student life or trips I've gone on so far, or if you'd rather know what things there are to do here in Helsinki. At some point, I hope to talk about all of these things!

My days go by so fast that I rarely have time to sit down and write all I experience. I think I'll talk about university stuff later on, when things get more defined. In the meantime you can look at some of the photos I've uploaded that were taken in Kumpulan campus, where I have classes. Otaniemi and Innopoli, instead, is where I do my internship for the moment, and it's actually not part of Helsinki city, because it's in Espoo. 

There are some other pictures I've uploaded yesterday, which I took during my first trip to see Turku. The trip itself was very cheap, only 20 euro, and it covered all sorts of things! We first went to Raseborg Castle, or what remains of it, then headed towards Hanko, which is the most southern place in Finland and I had the brilliant idea of wetting my feet in the Baltic sea while sick with a cold. The water was quite "fresh" (=freezing cold!!) and my nose is even more stuffed now! :-/ But I had to do it!! Hanko is the town were the Germans disembarked to attack Russians during World War II. Nowadays it's a nice place to be only in the summer, because starting from November the wind is so strong it can blow you away.
We finally got to Turku (main reason why I chose to go on this trip) at 17 o'clock and went straight to visit the castle, which I didn't find as nice as the first one we saw. This left us only a half an hour to visit the city, so we actually ended up just seeing the cathedral where the Christmas festivity is proclaimed. I'll definitely go back, since Turku is the capital of culture this year and its Christmases' traditions are more important than the ones in Rovaniemi (home of Santa Claus!). 

Where shall my next trip be?? Tallin maybe? Any suggestions?


.it

Credo sia ora di aggiornare di nuovo. Mi chiedo di cosa dovrei parlare prima, se raccontarvi del mio tirocinio, della vita in erasmus o delle gite che ho fatto fino ad ora, o se si preferite conoscere cosa c'è da fare qui a Helsinki. Prima o poi voglio parlare di tutte queste cose!

I miei giorni passano così velocemente che raramente ho il tempo di sedermi e scrivere tutto quello che ho fatto/visto. Penso che parlarò dell'università più avanti, quando le cose saranno più definite. Nel frattempo potete guardare alcune delle foto che ho caricato, scattate al Kumpulan campus, dove ho lezione. Otaniemi e Innopoli, invece, è dove faccio il mio stage per il momento, e in realtà non è parte della città di Helsinki, perché è a Espoo. 

Ho caricato alcune foto ieri, scattate durante il mio primo viaggio a Turku. Il viaggio in sè era molto economico, solo 20 euro, e comprendeva di tutto! Prima siamo andati al castello di Raseborg, o meglio a ciò che rimane di esso, poi siamo andati ad Hanko, che è il luogo più a sud della Finlandia e ho avuto la brillante idea di bagnare i piedi nel mare Baltico, finchè avevo (ho) il raffreddore. L'acqua era abbastanza "fresca" (= gelida!) e ora il mio naso è ancora più tappato! : - / Ma dovevo farlo! Hanko è la città in cui i tedeschi sono sbarcati per attaccare i russi durante la seconda guerra mondiale. Oggi è un bel posto solo in estate, perché a partire da novembre il vento è così forte che ti porta via. 
Dopo Hanko, siamo finalmente riusciti ad arrivare a Turku (motivo principale per cui ho scelto di andare in questa gita) alle cinque di sera e siamo andati direttamente a visitare il castello, a mio avviso meno bello del primo. Questo ci ha lasciato solo una mezz'ora per visitare la città, per cui abbiamo effettivamente solo visto la cattedrale, dove viene proclamato l'inizio del Natale. Tornerò sicruamente a Turku, dal momento che è la capitale della cultura quest'anno e le sue tradizioni Natalizie sono più importanti rispetto a quelli a Rovaniemi (casa di Babbo Natale!). 

Dove sarà il mio prossimo viaggio? A Tallin forse? Qualche suggerimento?



No comments:

Post a Comment